Revision Date: November 19, 2012
Last Modified: November 19, 2012
Data Collection and Use. We may collect and store some or all of the following, for the purpose of providing your user experience:
We and our Service Providers use this information to operate and improve our applications, sites, services, and tools.
This Application may utilise social networking or “share functionality” or may contain links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, any share functionality or the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party site. You are subject to the policies of those third parties when and where applicable. By using this Application, you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of any share functionality or third-party site accessed from this Application.
Sharing Information. We may share the information we collect with members of the eBay corporate family (eBay Inc. owns Marktplaats B.V.) to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services. This Application may use third parties to provide parts of our services as well as to provide analytical data about your use of the Application back to us. We may deploy devices such as cookies that enable those third parties to anonymously collect and aggregate usage data and report it back to us. Third parties that we contract with to help provide our services cannot use your personal information for their own purposes without your explicit consent.
If you have more than one eBay Inc. application, we may share a limited amount of your information within the applications in order to improve your experience.
User Control. You can access and change user settings or delete your search history from the options/settings menu on your device. Uninstallation methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall this Application, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual for reference.
Security. The security of your information is important to us. The information this Application collects may be stored locally on your device and may be transmitted to our servers in the United States and/or European Union. We employ generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information. The transmission of information over wireless and wired networks is not 100% secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your information.
Wibautstraat 224-2, 1097 DN
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
or you may contact Help Desk.
This Application may not contain the same functionality available on our websites.
Intellectual Property. We own, or is the licensee to, all right, title and interest in and to this Application, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or unfair competition law, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from this Application and you will not remove, obscure or alter our copyright notice, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within or accessed in conjunction with or by this Application.
Disclaimer of Warranties. We disclaim responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of this Application.
The Application and the service(s) accessed by it are provided "as is" and “as available”.
We expressly disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied and statutory warranties, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary rights, and any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness and performance of this Application.
Your use of this Application is at your own discretion and risk. You are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from your use of this Application.
Ad update and other notification functionality in this Application may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond our control, including without limitation, delays or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network.
You are responsible for complying with trade regulations and both foreign and domestic laws. You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. This Application or its underlying technology may not be downloaded to or exported or re-exported: (a) into (or to a resident or national of) Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any other country subject to United States embargo; (b) to anyone on the US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the US Commerce Department's Denied Party or Entity List; and (c) to any prohibited country, person, end-user or entity specified by US Export Laws.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Contracting Parties. The contracting party is Marktplaats BV, Wibautstraat 224-2, 1097 DN Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
ADDITIONAL TERMS. Additional terms and conditions that apply to you (based on the device this Application is installed on):
Windows - Microsoft
2. You may install and use one copy of this Application on up to five (5) devices you personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with your Windows Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of this Application on a device you do not own or control.
3. Microsoft, your device manufacturer, and (if applicable) your wireless carrier are not responsible for providing support services for this Application.
4. Microsoft, the wireless carriers over whose network this Application is distributed (if applicable), and each of their respective affiliates and suppliers (collectively, “Disclaiming Distributors”) give no express warranty, guarantee or conditions under or in relation to this Application. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the Disclaiming Distributors exclude any implied warranties or conditions, including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
6. To the extent not prohibited by law, you will not seek to recover any consequential, lost profit, special, indirect, or incidental damages from any Disclaiming Distributor.
iOS – Apple
1. This is an agreement between you and Marktplaats, and not with Apple. Apple is not responsible for this Application and the content thereof.
2. We grant you the right to use this Application only on an iOS product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
3. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to this Application.
4. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
5. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to this Application or your possession and/or use of this Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
6. In the event of any failure of this Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for this Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to this Application.
BlackBerry – Research in Motion
1. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Research in Motion E-Commerce (Inc., Corp. & S.a.r.l.), the telecommunications carriers over whose network this Application is distributed (if applicable), and any third party merchant of record acting as a merchant of record for any transaction associated with this Application (collectively, “Disclaiming Parties”) exclude any liability whatsoever in relation to the Application including without limitation in relation to the sale, distribution or use thereof, or the performance or non-performance of the Application.
Open Source (Android/WP). Portions of this product (a) Copyright 2001-2010 Joda-Time Authors; and (b) Copyright Google/Android Open Source Project. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use these files except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.